The first meeting with the client is usually on site and is where the journey begins. It’s here the clients’ ideas and aspirations will be discussed and is an opportunity to understand the brief, building and site. It’s also is the beginning of a new partnership between designer and clients.
Following this, a detailed quote will be written, stating the service provided and the associated fees. If this is accepted, a detailed site and building survey will be carried out before entering into the design stage.
Key considerations during the design process are as follows:
- Where the natural light falls and rises
- Vistas from & to the building
- Exploitation of space and light as a main ingredient within any architectural
- Nature: organic materials producing structural build form complementing &
harmonising with the site.
- The marriage of contemporary design and vernacular materials.
- Objective: A building and site tailored for the individual use of the particular
The greatest reward in architecture is a satisfied client who appreciates a great building, a place one can visit and revisit to enjoy the meaning and strength of the finished design.